The Trinity College Library, Dublin dates back to the establishment of the College in 1591 and is the largest research library in Ireland. Today, it houses almost 4 million volumes with extensive collections of manuscripts, maps and music reflecting 400 years of academic development. The most famous of its manuscripts are the Book of Kells and the Book of Durrow, presented by Henry Jones the Bishop of Meath and former vice-chancellor of the university in the 1660s. Other special collections include the Ussher collection, acquired in 1661, and the Fagel collection of 1802. The Library plays a triple role now as a university library, a research library of international repute and as a provider of information to government departments, research organisations, and technical, industrial and commercial bodies within the country.