USHER GALLERY

Opened by the Prince of Wales in 1927, the Usher Gallery was founded by James Ward Usher, a prestigious collector and local jewellery and watch maker, who bequeathed his outstanding collection of artworks to the city of Lincoln. The original Usher bequest of clocks, watches, porcelain, silver, enamels and miniatures make up the gallery’s permanent collection with some items displayed in their original cases. The fine art collection features paintings, prints drawings and sculpture dating from 16th century, with a particular focus on Lincolnshire. Artists include Frank Bramley, William Logsdail, C.H. Shannon and Peter de Wint. Landscapes and still life are also well represented with works by Vanessa Bell, Leon Underwood and Anne Redpath.


Torna all’inizio della pagina