DUBLIN CITY GALLERY THE HUGH LANE

The eponymous Sir Hugh Lane (1875-1915) was, in his day, one of the foremost collectors and dealers of Impressionist paintings in Europe. Upon his death aboard the RMS Lusitania, Lane’s collection of paintings by Manet, Degas, Renoir and other superstars of Impressionism and early 20th century art were left to the City of Dublin. The gallery itself is found in the centre of Dublin and houses Lane’s bequest as well as works by leading national and international contemporary artists. Dublin City Art Gallery is also home to Sir Francis Bacon’s studio which has been entirely and exactly relocated there from 7 Reece Mews in London.


Back to top