The Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America dates its origin from August 26, 1943. On that day Radcliffe College received from alumna Maud Wood Park, who had been a leader in the movement for women’s suffrage, her collection of books, papers, and memorabilia on women reformers. Her ‘Woman’s Rights Collection’ became the nucleus of a research library called the Women’s Archives, which the college gradually augmented during the 1940s and 1950s. The library exists to document women’s lives and endeavours. Its wealth of resources reveals the wide range of women’s activities at home in the United States and abroad from the early nineteenth century to the present day. The library’s holdings include manuscripts, books and periodicals, and more than 90,000 photographs.