Malbork Castle was built in the late 13th century by the medeival German Teutonic Order after their conquest of Old Prussia. For centuries the castle, the biggest brick built castle in the world, housed the brothers in arms of the Order until the fortress and surrounding town became part of the Kingdom of Prussia in 1772. During the 20th century the castle found an admirer in Adolf Hitler who used it as a blueprint for the Order Castles of the Third Reich. Today the building is home to a museum concerned with the history of Royal Prussia and a remarkable collection of amber. A remarkable early 17th century amber figure of Hermes and baroque furniture inlaid with amber are amongst the most out standing examples of Polish amber craftmanship.