CENTRAL ST MARTINS - UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS LONDON

Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London The collection was started in 1896 by W.R. Lathaby, the founding principle of the Central School, and displays Arts and Craft books, prints, Japanese wood cuts and artefacts used as teaching aids in the early days of the Central School of Arts and Crafts. It also includes a substantial collection of work by theatre designers, a bequest acquired through the National Arts Collections Fund of lithographs and drawings by Cecil Collins, new work donated by Norman Ackroyd as well as work by Noel Rooke, Gertrude Hermes and other wood engravers and print makers. There is also a fine selection of 1960s designs for Liberty and other firms. Also included are items from the Contemporary Collection started in 1991 of work by students and staff who have taught at the college.


Back to top