BRIGHTON & HOVE MUSEUMS

The Royal Pavilion Libraries and Museums are housed in a Victorian villa, built during the 1870s for John Oliver Vallance. The architect Thomas Lainson designed the house in an Italianate style made popular by Queen Victoria’s Isle of Wight residence, Osbourne House. In 1926 it was purchased by Hove Corporation for use as a museum. The Museum houses a Toy Gallery, Local History Gallery and Paintings Gallery, where changing displays occur.


Back to top