ASTLEY CHEETHAM ART GALLERY

The Astley Cheetham Art Gallery was built as a gift to the town of Stalybridge in 1901 by John Frederick Cheetham. Originally, it operated as a lecture hall but developed into an art gallery when J.F.Cheetham bequeathed his collection of paintings to the town in 1932. The Art Gallery features a range of work including paintings, sculpture and textiles from regional artists and touring exhibitions.


Back to top